21 May 2009

Bicycle!

Well, I finally did it.  I got a bicycle.  Ive been cycling to work everyday now for almost a month.  Although occassionally I still take the train if I have plans to go out after work.  I cut through residential areas.  The city produces these free maps for cyclists. The maps give routes with little or no traffic and routes that have dedicated bicycle lanes.  

Totally unrelated, or maybe not, I have been noticing that the sun seems to out for alot longer here than at home.  So of course, I looked it up.  According to a couple of websites, London will have about 16.5 hours of sunlight on the summer solstice; Boston will have 15.  An hour and a half may not seem like much but I am one of those people who wakes up when the sun comes up.  Right now, that is 5AM!  And it is not yet dark at 9PM even now.   I need to get some blackout curtains!

Anyway it takes about a half hour to get to work.  And of course the link below is the soundtrack of my journey.  I think I may be overdressed.  

No comments: