31 May 2010

Loos of London

Just when you thought this blog couldn’t descend any lower… The inspiration came from Anniversary weekend. We were at the Prince Charles Cinema and of course I went to the loo… and this is what I found:


I know… a Kevin Smith cubicle! Awesome! But it gets better… inside there is an homage to Kevin Smith …




…and a picture of him standing in front of the cubicle. According my extensive internet research (0.29 second on Google), ‘steeev’ on flickr says "In April 2007 the cinema opened an official Kevin Smith toilet cubicle, after the cult director held a Q&A at the cinema, he is quoted as saying "I don't know, Quentin Tarantino has never turned up here and they name the bar after him, it's my second visit and they haven't even named a toilet after me!" The next day they screwed a framed a picture of him to the first cubicle in the gents and he officially opened the toilet."


Here’s me in roughly the same spot, apparently I am a bit taller. The only thing that could have made it better would be some kind of proof that he used it!




No comments: