07 September 2013

Overflow at Hatfield Railway Station

Last Wednesday, I was walking up the stairs from Platform 2 at Hatfield Railway Station.  I was in the midst of a thick pack of people. A little girl shouted at the top of her lungs from the station car park, which you can easily see from the stairs, "Daddy! Daddy!".  I saw no response from anyone around me. Seconds later an equally loud shout, "Daddy! Daddy! I had the best day!" A short pause, "I made a new friend!"  Most people in the pack produced a modest smile, me included. A group smile in a pack of commuters is a rare event for me.  In fact, this was my first.  That little girl was so happy that it spilled over into us. I too would like to be so happy that it overflows into a group of passing strangers.

Photo Credit: Wikimedia Commons

No comments: