31 January 2015

Get a job!

Over seven years ago when we arrived on these shores, I found a job in two interviews in less than two weeks. That experience misled me to believe I could repeat that performance at any time. I lost track of the number of interviews I got in 3 months. While it was fantastic to have that much interest, it was still incredibly stressful being unemployed in a society where worthiness is measured by price tags and purchasing power. How easily self worth slips away with net worth. I wish I could hold onto that feeling of just getting a new job. I am so grateful, and I am at my best when I am in the midst of sincere gratitude, which is a challenge to maintain amidst adverts (sometimes disguised as news) that encourage us to covet and to fear. How quickly my confidence fled when I joined the ranks of the unemployed, the discarded scourge of civilisation. It sure feels good to be back in employment.

Photo Credits

Bobby & Luanne: car-memes.com

Employed: extrapetitemom.blogspot.com

No comments: