06 September 2009

Flat Implosion and Something More Palatable



The world has turned sideways again and we are once again in search of a flat due to irreconcilable differences. I feel like I need to say something here as to the seemingly sudden decision to move. The whole thing started off badly and we thought things were turning around, but something happened yesterday that screamed GET OUT, so we are leaving. The straw that broke the camels was basically this: Saturday morning one of the flatmates rearranged the furniture in the common room. In response, two of the flatmates threw away half of the furniture in the common room that afternoon. Of course there is WAY more to it than that, but I need to move on to something else. My beloved and I have committed significant emotional and other resources moving to London to invest in our future and this clearly toxic situation is not worthy of our attention. So it is my intention to remove us from this situation as soon as possible. Enough said on that.

On a lighter note, two weekends ago was full of much more interesting adventures of a more social and touristy nature. The Saturday included a picnic with the Occupational Therapy department from work. Some of my favourites came along and it was a nice break from the tension that was building up back at the flat (ooops, how did that get in there, I thought I said enough said on that). Some of my favourites came along and it was fun and relaxing. We sat next to the Serpentine Gallery in Hyde Park and just chatted. And of course it was a picnic, so we ate and drank too. The first picture above is from the picnic.

On that Sunday, we decided to go to Hampton Court Palace. We had not been before and it was something that we had both wanted to see. The original plan was to take a boat up the Thames, but the tides were against us. The palace grounds are just unbelievable. My favourite thing I think is the Great Vine, which is a grape vine that is supposedly the worlds oldest (planted 1768) and longest (120 feet). The vine is in a conservatory (green house) but the roots are outside. I guess I would be remiss if I wrote a blog about going to Hampton Court Palace and not mention Henry VIII.

Some of you may be aware that I made a fly-by stop to Southcoast last weekend to take care of some government paperwork. I am sorry that I did not get to see anyone but I was home over such a short period that I decided to spend it with my parents.

No comments: