14 July 2012

Naticia



I booked a classic afternoon tea on board the Naticia as a surprise for my lovely wife upon our return from Stratford-upon-Avon.  The boat was quite nice.  We had a table right on the window on the upper deck of the port side.  The views were very nice indeed and a pianist played for the duration of the cruise.  The view of London from the water never fails to surprise me.  I had a lapsang souchong that was exquisite.  It is my new favourite tea.

The one negative is that there seemed to be a service blunder resulting in a huge gap of time between the sandwiches and the sweets.  They also failed miserably at allergy concern. Despite having made a note when I booked on line, the information never reached the staff.  And even though I told the waiter we had nut allergies, we were still served macaroons (made of almonds) and carrot cake drizzled with walnuts which had spilled onto the neighboring eclair.  Luckily, there was no time to eat the sweets as they served them so late.  But it was an overall positive experience nonetheless.  

No comments: