18 June 2013

The78

I found myself in Glasgow this week and discovered through the help of The Happy Cow: The 78.  It is a Samuel Smith pub, but all the food is vegan.  I had one of the best vegetarian burgers I have ever had.  I think it was some kind of seasoned mince of mushrooms and beans, but wow: thinly crisp on the outside but moist, tender, and loads of flavour on the inside.  And they had this mayonnaise like no mayonnaise I have ever tasted.  And the chips tasted just like the ones mum used to make: they had deep dark thick skin along one side of every chip: curved the whole way down.  They tasted just pure potato and oil…mmm…. And there was a little fist full of salad with many different greens onions and carrots with a light little dressing on and that was also fantastic.  I was blown away.
Photo Credit: The78

No comments: